Friday, October 17, 2008

eye opener

in·vin·ci·ble - incapable of being overcome or defeated

when you're in college, you think you really are. nothing can touch you. events that occur in the news will never happen to you.

last night my roommates and i had a little incident. we are all fine, just a little emotionally shaken. but i was definitely wrong - we are not invincible. last night was a big eye opener. i never knew why my parents worried so much but now i know. it's not because of how i act, it's because of the way some other people act. my parents weren't worried that i was going to do something bad, they were worried about other people. this world can be a scary place - you just have to be smart about how you live and your surroundings. it's just too bad i had to learn that the difficult way.

1 comment:

Chris said...

I am not going t ask what happened, I wasn't there and it certainly isn't my business to know. But I hope you are doing okay and will be able to put that incident behind you.