so there are two reasons for this post..... (1) to update you on the weekend and (2) to vent because I'm pretty aggravated. (PS: Sorry it's a long one....)
this past weekend was our myrtle beach trip. all in all, I'm not even gonna sugar coat it, it was pretty bad. i had a miserable time. the only time I really had fun was when we went to Dick's for lunch on Saturday then spent a few hours on the beach. The reason we went to Myrtle was for my "birthday weekend" but instead it turned into what everyone else wanted to do. That sounds selfish but I feel like I have a right to be since it was supposed to be MY weekend. The condo we rented was really nice though. It was 2 bedrooms, one with a king bed and it's own bathroom and another with 2 queen beds. Then we had another full bathroom plus a kitchen and family room with pull out couch. And our balcony looked right onto the water. It was a gorgeous view.
We left on Friday. Dustin, Eric, and Dave headed down early so they could check into the condo and get everything settled so once everyone else got there, we could just have fun. Jake, Alfie, and I left around 4 that afternoon in one car and Emma and Nikki followed in another. With traffic, it took us about 3.5 hours to make it down there. As soon as we got there, I wanted to head to Broadway at the Beach and eat dinner all together. Emma and Nikki had other plans - they wanted to hit the hot tub and lazy river. So instead of coming to dinner, they stayed behind while the rest of us left. We went to Margarittaville for dinner, which was a very cool place. The food was really good as well. I wanted to hit a club after dinner but because it took everyone so long to get ready to leave for dinner, we didn't get out of the restaurant until after 11 which made it pointless to go. So instead we headed back to the hotel and drank. Dustin and I went for a walk on the beach while everyone else stayed behind because it was "too cold."
Saturday morning, we all were awake by 11 so we got ready and headed to Dick's Last Resort, a restaurant where they treat you very poorly (on purpose). I had heard about it and thought it would be fun to go. We get there and they sit you down at a table. then a guy comes around and ties bibs on you. Since I was the only girl (again), he ripped the center out of mine so my "cleavage" would show lol and then we all got white paper hats that said something crude or funny. The waiter came by and threw our silverware and then pulled my chair (while I was still sitting in it, might I add) all the way across the restaurant to another table all by myself. it was very entertaining lol after lunch we hit the beach for a few hours. The water was pretty cold. I got in up to my knees and after a while my legs went numb so I couldn't feel the cold. That's when I decided to get out. Jake and Eric had tickets to go see a UFC fight in Wilmington that night so they got ready and were about to leave when all the guys informed me they all wanted to go.....meaning I would be there by myself (since again Emma and Nikki had other plans). I was not very happy. So Dustin was nice enough to stay behind with me but then complained the entire time about how he wanted to go. So I finally gave in...took a shower and got ready to go. Then we drove all the way to Wilmington (1 hour and 15 min drive) to find out no one would answer their phone so we didn't know where the heck we were going. so we drove all the way back to Myrtle beach. I was pissed by this time. Then when we get back, we find out that Nikki has decided to leave and go home so Emma, Dustin and I went to Planet Hollywood for dinner which was pretty cool and made me feel a little better. Then the 3 of us decided to go to Kryptonite, a club on Broadway at the beach and were told by the other guys that they would meet us at the club as soon as they got back. Come to find out after we were already at the club that they had just made it back to the condo but didn't want to come to the club. So we left because that's what everyone else wanted to do. By this point, I was so aggravated (because of this and a few other events that happened that I would rather not mention), once we got back to the condo I just went straight to bed.
I woke up everyone at 10am on Sunday because checkout time was 11. We all pitched in to clean the condo up a little and get everything into the cars. We then went to a little Mom&Pop Pancake house for breakfast right by where we were staying. After breakfast, we drove back to the condo and parked in the parking lot because Emma and I wanted to hit the beach for a few more hours before we headed home. The boys stayed behind to talk. About 10 minutes later they came to find us and said they wanted to leave. I really didn't want to but again, I had no choice but to leave with them. So we drove back...while Emma and I were pissedoff. As I said, I wasn't very happy about this weekend.
OK so here comes the second reason for my post. I'm aggravated. frustrated. disappointed. upset. yeah pretty much all of those. And sad part is, it's not even over this weekend. I felt all those emotions on Sunday and Monday about the weekend but I was over it. Now I'm all those emotions over something else. Maybe I'm overreacting.....but my parents really want to meet all my new college friends because I talk about them so much. So they planned an end of year BBQ at the house so they could finally put faces to names. I've told all my friends that were invited about this a week and a half in advance about it. "Don't make plans for May 2 at 4pm because my parents are having a BBQ." and everyone (Emma, Nikki, Annie, Dustin, Eric, Alfie, Elizabeth, and Dan) all said, "Ok, we'll be there!" then today I get a text message from both Nikki and Emma saying they can't go because they have other plans. ARE YOU FREAKIN KIDDING ME?! I mean I told them how important this was to me and they still back out?! Am I wrong for being upset?? They've known about it. And I understand things come up (like Annie's dad is gonna be in town, which she didn't know about until a few days ago so she cancelled) but the others just made plans. And my mom wonders why I hang out with guys more often than girls now. It's because I feel like the guys actually give a crap about how I'm feeling. They're coming because they know how important it is to me that my parents meet them. But obviously Emma and Nikki don't. I'm just a little pissed.
But again, if I'm overreacting, please tell me. I mean I'm really aggravated because I feel like they just don't care. But oh well......I guess I realize who my true friends are. oh well. hopefully this weekend turns out better than last weekend. plus, i shouldn't be stressing over this. I have finals to worry about. wish me luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment