Thursday, May 14, 2009

dating

every little girl dreams of the fairy tale love story (thank you for that, Disney) but when you're a teenager (and sometimes older), you rarely have that. i would know. i've done my fair share of dating throughout high school and some in college. at one point, i thought i found "the one" but that obviously wasn't the case since i'm still single. now, i'm not complaining that i'm single. for the first time in a while, i've actually enjoyed it and embraced it. but at the same time, it would be nice to have someone be there for me and support me and cuddle with me (since i'm a cuddle whore as my friend's call me lol). the only problem is, i really hate the whole "dating" thing. i hate the games we have to play and the whole "did i say this right?" or "did i just scare him off?" and all that jazz. it's just annoying. i mean games are all a part of the dating world and if there weren't games, then we wouldn't have the "thrill of the chase" but i just wish it would all stop. ok so of course i don't really hate it since i do go on dates and play along with the games, but i wish i could just skip over all that and fall in love. that would make things so much easier. i'm just ready to find my person and be able to be happy. i want to find my fairy tale ending soon.

mom always said, "you have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find your prince." so i guess i'll just keep kissin.... ;)

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I understand how you feel. It seems like there will never be a "right one." But sometimes...it seems like maybe it is better to just wait. Like, maybe I'm not supposed to find love now; I'll concentrate on other things for the moment, and when it is time for love, the man of my dreams will be staring me in the face. That sounds a little like a fairy tale, but I know it can happen because the majority of married people I know today have that kind of story as their testimony.

One book I would recommend is "I Kissed Dating Goodbye" by Joshua Harris. It is very radical, interesting, and encouraging. I read it for the first time about three years ago, and it has drastically change the way I look at things, and given me hope. :)

~Jessica