Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving adventures

I can't believe Thanksgiving is over. The break went by too fast. It was a nice little break from classes though and it was great to spend some time with the family. Grandma (from Dad's side) flew in from New Jersey for her annual Thanksgiving trip on Saturday and stayed until Monday. It seems like a long time, but it flew by. I came home Monday night for dinner, but was home to stay starting Tuesday night. We played games and talked and it was a lot of fun.

The day of Thanksgiving, Uncle Paul came for the day, Grandma cooked the turkey (as always), Dad made the rest of the meal, and we had a lot of time to reflect on what we were thankful for. Thursday night, Grandma, Rebecca, and I left with Uncle Paul and spent the night at his house in Charlotte. It was the first time Grandma and Rebecca saw the house...and they both loved it! The rest of the family (Mom, Dad, and Ryan) came the next day. We spent the day walking around all the little shops by my uncle's house. It was nice and relaxing.

Saturday was Dad's 50th birthday!! I still can't believe it. He doesn't look (or act) anywhere near his age. But, of course, that's a good thing! We went the the North Carolina Symphony Christmas Concert in the afternoon, then Mom cooked dinner (SHOCKER, I KNOW! I'll let you in on a secret though - fresh market made it...she just had to put it in the oven lol)...chicken cordon bleu! and man was it good! After that we had a ice cream birthday cake for him which said "still nifty at 50!" I think he really enjoyed his day!

I would also like to add that it was Miss Isabella Grace Lara's 1st birthday as well on Saturday! Happy birthday sweetie!

Oh, and another quick shout out - Thank you so much Lara family for taking such good care of my baby girl. She slept like a baby last night! Kobie always loves being at your house and having little playmates, so thank you again!

I had a great break but now it's back to reality. school and finals, here I come. Unfortunately, it's another hell week for me before finals. This week I have 3 papers due (1 Wednesday and 2 Thursday), a presentation (on Wednesday), and a final (on Thursday). Wish me luck....hopefuly I'll survive. And next week starts finals. And then I'm done until Janurary! I cannot believe it!

Hope everyone else had a wonderful holiday. Now it's time to prepare for Christmas!! Yay, it's my favorite time of year!

1 comment:

Veronica said...

aww, you are so welcome, it was our pleasure! we loved having the girls over, wish we had one!!!!
ANYTIME!!!