Monday, March 16, 2009

no spring break turns into.....

So a lot has happened since I last posted...well spring break happened lol 2 spring breaks, to be exact. but before we get to that, I didn't get a chance to say happy birthday to my amazing little sister, Rebecca. she turned 10 on March 8th (the end of my spring break...part 1). I can't believe she's already in the double digits! stop growing so fast, my little adult. even though she just turned 10, she is definitely wise beyond her years and I'm very proud to call her my little sister :) I love you Rebecca. can't wait to wear our matching dresses once the weather warms up!!

*one of my favorite pictures of us! Fall '06...i can't believe how much we've both grown*

Before - Raleigh, NC (March 2-4)
Ok, now back to spring break.....(just a warning in advance, this may be a long post, so sit tight. it will be well worth reading about my adventures though lol). in my last post, I was complaining about not having any spring break plans because people bailed out and things got too expensive and it just wasn't worth it to do anything big and spectacular. so for the first part of my spring break, which i don't even consider in part 1 or 2, was spent sleeping in, watching quality daytime television and cuddling with kobie. i took the entire week off from work and just relaxed. now that I'm working and going to school, i feel like I'm rushing everywhere and trying to get so much done at once so it was nice to just spend the entire day in bed doing absolutely nothing, all while spending it with my favorite companion, my little kobes. Then Wednesday, I dropped Kobie off at Veronica's and went to dinner with my family, which I do every Wednesday night. I turned in early that night because part 1 of my spring break was about to start. but i didn't know that it would be part 1. I just thought it was how I was spending the last few days of my spring break.

Part 1 - Charlotte, NC (March 5-8)
Thursday, I finished packing up the car and went to pick Emma up around 1:30. We left the Raleigh area around 2 and headed off to Charlotte to visit my uncle and maybe a few friends at UNCC. That part wasn't planned as of yet. On our way to Charlotte, we decided to stop at Concord Mills, the mall located on 85...we pass it every time we drive to Charlotte but I've never actually stopped in, so we decided to this time. If you walk the entire thing, it equals a little over a mile. Emma and I didn't have that much energy but we did stroll through some of the stores and did some window shopping....which then turned into actual shopping lol i ended up buying this adorable dress that i fell in love with. Emma bought a few pairs of flip flops and some bangles. once we had spent more money than we both should have, we got back in the car and finished the last leg of our road trip to my uncles. we made it there about 10 minutes before he got home from work. so we settled in and once he got home, he made us some dinner and we talked and watched TV all night. it was relaxing, which was exactly what we needed after the drive. 3 hours is not very long in a car, but it is draining. not sure why though. so it was another early night for us.

Friday, we both woke up around 11:30, just in time for my uncle to get home for lunch. He made us parogies (sp?? lol) which neither of us have ever had, but they were really tasty. He left for work again and Emma and I just lounged around in our pajamas for another hour or so. we finally changed and spent the rest of the day, and I'm not kidding, the REST of the day out on the porch enjoying the beautiful weather, attempting to get a tan, listening to Lady GaGa, and dancing. Uncle Paul came home from work and then we went to an Italian buffet for dinner. Once we got back from dinner, Emma and I got ready and headed to UNCC. We walked around uptown with a few friends, and after, went back to a friend's apartment and played drinking games and just hung out. It was my night to DD so Emma was quite entertaining on the ride back. Man does she talk when she's drunk lol but it was amusing. It was a lot of fun seeing everyone again. It had been a while since we hung out with all of them.

*sunbathing on the back porch*

Saturday was spent much like Friday, only we met my uncle's new girlfriend, Laurie. She's awesome!! we had a great time getting to know her and it was nice to have another girl around for a little while. I love you Uncle Paul, but we just can't talk to you about our "girly" things lol Uncle Paul then cooked us dinner and then it was time for Emma and i to get ready for another night with our UNCC friends. so we got all dressed up and headed over to see them. more drinking games, laughing, and hanging out. now, this weekend was the beginning of their spring break, but it was the end of Emma and my spring break. well a few of the people that we were hanging out were headed to Gatlinburg, Tennessee the next day. And in passing, they invited Emma and I. We didn't really think much of it....we had class. I had 3 papers due that week. There was no way we could go. This time, it was Emma's night to DD so I got to drink. It was the first time in a while that I had rum, so I was enjoying Strawberry Daquries....a stray from my normal Mango Margaritas lol but this time it was my turn to be talkative :) and of course, I ended up with a bruise from that night...surprise, surprise! But it was another fun and eventful night with our Charlotte friends.

*all dressed up to party on a Saturday night*

So at the end of the night, we said bye to everyone, wished them fun on their spring break, and went back to my uncles. but on our way back, Emma and i were talking about how fun it would be if we could actually go to the cabin. so as we continued to talk, we came up with a plan.....and hear hatches our spring break, part 2 adventures! Emma never has class on Thursday and starting this week, I don't have class on Thursday either, and I never have class on Friday, so this was perfect! so Sunday we got back to Raleigh, and I worked extremely hard to finish 2 out of my 3 papers because come Wednesday, Emma and I would be heading to Tennessee!!

Part 2 - Gatlinburg, TN (March 11-14)
So Wednesday rolls around, and Emma comes to pick me up at about 3:30 in the afternoon, after I had finished working and she had gotten out of class. We packed the car...and I mean it was PACKED to the brim...and went on our way. Tennessee, here we come!! Before Emma and I got to the cabin, it was just the 8 "mountain men" as they called themselves. I think they were excited to have some women added into the mix lol the first part of the drive wasn't bad at all. it was smooth sailing for the first few hours. It took us a total of 6 hours to get there. the view on the drive was really pretty once we started getting closer to the mountains. the ride was pretty uneventful but exciting at the same time. we had a lot of laughs and some weird/crazy adventures....let's just say hairy mountain, forest ranger, indian, tribal bingo and reversing on the highway were all included in these. but the last hour of our drive was pretty rough considering that it was all windy, curvy, very scary to drive on, mountain roads. and it was dark, so that was stressful. but we finally made it to the cabin around 10pm and they had drinks ready for us. most of the guys were already pretty gone since they had started drinking at about 2 in the afternoon that day lol but Emma and i explored the cabin and then hung out with everyone. there was a rock climbing wall, which i scaled once or twice, in bare feet might i add lol with help from AJ though. we played pool, hung out in the hammocks, and even took a dip in the hot tub. after putting Emma's drunk self in bed, i finally passed out at about 3am...I was exhausted, considering I had been up since 7:30 Wednesday morning.

*one of the many views on the ride there...absolutely gorgeous*

Thursday, I woke up around noon to the smell of breakfast. Devin, Corey and Brandon were cooking pancakes, eggs, sausage, and bacon. I was so hungry!! the eggs had beer in them...so they weren't quite my taste. but Brandon made me some without beer so i could actually enjoy them. i ate a few pancakes and some bacon too. and then i was ready to start the day. it was a chilly day and pretty overcast so i got in the hot tub for an hour or so with a few people. there was only 1 working shower for 11 people, so late in the afternoon, i finally got a chance to take a shower. but by the time i got there, the shower was cold. lucky me had to do the best i could by taking a shower in the sink lol i washed my hair and used a wash cloth to soap up the rest of my body. well we were in the mountains....so i was roughing definitely it lol after my semi-successful sponge bath, I hung out with everyone, danced, played beer pong, drank and danced some more. by around 5 or 6, i got pretty tired for some reason, so Adam and I went downstairs, away from all the raucous and watched State play in the acc tournament. they unfortunately lost to Maryland, but i got a nice nap in. around 9, Brandon came down to get us and told us dinner was ready. so we meandered our way upstairs and rejoined the group for some more drinking, dancing, partying, and hot tubbing!! the night finally quieted down and we were all just relaxing, watching TV or playing pool. i finally fell asleep around 3am again and slept so well. i actually got a bed that night...the night before i got the pull out couch.

*just a few of the many pictures from Thursday*

8am Friday morning, Devin runs through the house waking everyone up. today was the day to leave. check out was 10am and we still had a lot of cleaning and packing to do. we were a slow moving bunch that morning...especially since some people had fallen asleep even later than i had, meaning only running on a few hours of sleep. so we all pitched in cleaning and getting all the cars packed and ready to head out. we took a farewell picture of the group and then headed on our way. we had a caravan of 4 cars....Britts taking the lead, Emma following, then Brandon, and Adam brought up the rear. About 45 minutes into our drive, we got stuck in some traffic. it had completely stopped so the boys got out and threw the football while Emma and I cranked the music for everyone's listening pleasure. and of course Emma and I danced! it was a lot of fun...but it didn't last long. the traffic began to move. and once we started moving, our caravan slowly dwindled. Britts and Emma were driving quite fast, eventually losing Brandon and Adam. It was a good thing they knew where they were going lol we finally arrived in Charlotte around 2:30 in the afternoon. Emma and I decided we were too tired to make the whole trip back to Raleigh, so we were gonna crash in Charlotte. 45 minutes after Britts and our car got to Charlotte, Adam arrives. And 20 minutes after that Brandon finally shows up. We all said our goodbyes and then Emma and I headed back to Adam's, where we were gonna stay for the night. As soon as we got to Adam's, Emma laid on the floor because her back was hurting but not even 10 minutes after she laid down, she was out. she wasn't budging lol so i decided to take a nap too. at around 8, Brandon showed up at Adam's and they went grocery shopping. they came back around 9 and cooked Emma and I some white bean chicken chili. it was sooo good! Khalid came over a little after that to hang out one last time before we had to leave but Emma was too tired to hang out so she went to Khalid's and passed out there. Some of Adam and Khalid's friends came over for a little while so I hung out with them. They eventually left and as soon as they did, I passed out. I was tired too and we still had another 2.5 hour drive in the morning.

*our farewell picture.*
From top left to bottom right: Adam, Devin, Corey, Diggs, AJ, Britts, Brandon, Sneaky Pete, Devin, Me, Emma, Sherena, Khalid, and Manuel Pumpkiano

After - Raleigh, NC (March 14-today)
Saturday morning arrives, Emma came to get me around 11:00 and we were off to Raleigh again. it was a nasty day...raining and pretty chilly. Emma and I were exhausted from our crazy trip to Tennessee, but it was completely worth it. Once I got back to Raleigh, I slept for hours lol I was sad to say bye to everyone but so nice to finally be able to sleep in my own bed.

there are so many stories to tell but just not enough room to write them all...plus it's getting pretty late (I just noticed the clock lol) and I have to go back to reality in the morning....back to work. blah. at least i have my little monster back with me...i hadn't seen her in over a week and a half. i went out and bought her a new collar today. it's hot pink with jewels on it! she's blinging now lol she's the only good thing i really look forward to about getting back into reality. school and work, not so much.

but anyway, that was the gist of my awesome spring break...part 1 AND 2! so much for not even having a spring break. I had a great time and met some really awesome people, as well as hung out with some of our old friends. these are memories that I will never forget. you only live once baby!! gotta live it up, so be spontaneous every once in a while. you'll look back later on and say, I'm so glad i did that! Ohhh and I hope you enjoy the pictures!