So after all the stressing about how I'm going to be able to support myself financially and attend classes, my body decided it was going to take matters into it's own hands. I came down with a throat virus the Saturday before I was supposed to start classes, so I missed the first 3 days of class. Because it's summer school, missing one day is like missing a full week. So, much to my dismay, I had to drop both classes. I was stressed out about taking them but at the same time, I really wanted to get them over with. But lucky me was stuck in bed with a fever, head ache, and extremely painful sore throat for over four days. I haven't been that sick in a long time. I know 4 days doesn't sound that bad, but I literally couldn't move. It was a task just walking to the bathroom because I felt so weak. I also couldn't eat or drink because it was so painful to swallow. It literally felt like I was swallowing needles. Only good thing that came out of that was I lost a few pounds lol I finally went back to work on Thursday though but then had Friday off for Independence Day. Besides that, there isn't too much going on.
So here are just a few updates....
- I FINALLY got that raise I've been wanting for the past year or so!! It comes into affect this month so my paycheck on the 15th with be a much celebrated one! lol
- Still haven't had a birthday party for Kobie, but I'm working on it. With being sick, it's been really hard to get all the things done that I want to.
- I'm finally feeling much better. My voice is still a little scratchy and I still sound sick because of my cough but I feel 95% better.
- 4th of July was a lot of fun. Emma and I went to UNC to watch the fireworks. I haven't seen fireworks for the past 4 years so it was really exciting to see the display. Pictures will be posted on here soon :)
- As for my previous post, I'm still having some issues with my decision. I haven't made a decision yet and it's not getting any easier. Again, any suggestions, please let me know!
- Mom is having surgery on her knee again tomorrow. I think she's more nervous about this one than the one she had a few months ago. Apparently the surgery she had last time didn't take so they have to go back in and do a half knee replacement. They are replacing her ACL and PCL. Hopefully this time it will work so she can move on to the next surgery and get this over with. I'm ready for her to be pain free.
- I'm off to Charlotte this weekend with Emma! Emma had tickets to the Aerosmith concert in Charlotte for Thursday night so we were going to head there Thursday afternoon, but the concert was postponed so we're now heading there Friday afternoon. I can't wait! I feel like we haven't been there in a while but we are both really looking forward to it.
I think that's about it for now. Hope everyone else is doing well and keeping healthy! HAPPY JULY!
No comments:
Post a Comment