Monday, July 13, 2009

bad boys

"Your the kind of boy who likes the kind of girls
Who like to fool around with the boys on the first date
I'm the kind of girl who ain't supposed to like those boys
But I kinda like those boys that like those kind of girls"

I heard this song on the radio the other day. It's called "Boy Like Me" by Jessica Harp. It has a pretty fun beat and it's kind of addicting but as I was listening to the lyrics it got me to thinking...

...what IS it about those bad boys that keeps us girls coming back??

Here are my thoughts on the reasons:

  • Girls feel protected and safe with a bad guy...for example, he would get in a fight with anyone over "his" girl.

  • Girls feel somewhat inferior (as bad as that sounds) to them because the bad boy isn't the girls doormat. She can't just walk all over him and girls like that feeling because they want to feel like the guy is the dominant figure in the relationship so, again, they feel protected.

  • Girls find it kind of a challenge and a huge reward if they can say that they "tamed" a bad boy. So the thrill and notoriety of being able to fix someone is a little addictive.

  • I'm not going to lie about this one, but most bad boys have that mysterious look so they are usually REALLY attractive!

  • They are mysterious so girls just can't get enough of trying to figure them out. The girl is NEVER bored because there is still that something they don't know about him. It keeps the excitement up.
I know how this all works too. I've been there, done that. And I've seen my friends go through it too. But no matter how many times we see it or hear about it, us girls just can't get enough of those bad boys. We're kind of addicted. I'll fully admit that I am lol and most girls my age are as well. But when do we break this cycle? Or do we ever? Is there always that little attraction no matter how old we get? I guess I'll find out.

In the end, they are usually jerks and turn out to be the one that girls don't end up with. And every girl knows this. But "nice guys finish last" is completely true in my opinion (in a good way though) ....because they are the ones that finish with the girl.

So boys, if you're a bad boy, let a girl "tame" you if you really care about her because if you don't, you will never be able to keep her around. She can only handle so much...

And if you're a nice guy...hold you. One of these days, a nice girl is gonna come along, be fed up with those "bad boys" and she'll fall completely in love with you :)

No comments: