So this Labor Day, I did something new. Well kind of...more of, I went somewhere new. Last summer at Mallory's wedding, I met some awesome people. I have luckily kept in touch with a few of them...thank goodness for facebook! lol so as I was talking to one of them on FB about a week before labor day, trying to decide what the heck to do, he suggested I come visit him in Virginia Beach. So i talked to Lauren (my new roomie) and she was all for it.
soooo Saturday after she got off work, we hit the road and traveled 3 hours north to Virginia Beach. There, Quamme and Kasey awaited our arrival. It was a blast!! We really didn't do too much, but that was perfectly fine by me. I wanted a nice relaxing weekend and it was a new place so it was really cool. After we got there Saturday night, we walked around the boardwalk and just did some nighttime sight seeing.
*Quamme and Kasey - our lovely hosts for the weekend*Then on Sunday, we spent some time on the beach. It was a little cloudy and the water was too cold for me to get in, but it was still nice to be at the beach relaxing. By mid afternoon we left and went back to Kasey's so we could all shower and get ready. There was a beach music fes

tival on the boardwalk that night that we wanted to hit up. Decked in our cowgirl boots, Lauren and I were ready to take on "Vaaaaa Beach" as everyone there calls it. We stayed and listened to the music for a little while (Lonestar, a country band, was playing. I unfortunately was the only country fan, so we didn't stay long.) Then we wandered around the boardwalk trying to figure out what to do. Well I lucked out because someone didn't know how to do math and I got into a bar. So we spent the rest of the night hanging out at this pretty cool, low key bar. By last call, we were all ready to go. So we wondered along the boardwalk some more before heading back to Kasey and Quamme's friends house, which is close to the beach. Some of us braved jumping into the pool (Kasey, Quamme, me, and Hunter) while others sat out and laughed at our expressions when we realized how cold it was (lauren)....but again, it was fun! We finally headed back to Kasey's house and fell asleep around 5:30am. It was a long day but a fun filled adventure.
Unfortunately, Monday it was drizzling and really overcast so Lauren and I didn't get to go to the beach again. So we packed up our stuff and said bye to Kasey and Quamme around 2pm. Then we hit the road back to Raleigh. It was a lot of fun! And I hope to visit again soon before Quamme is medically discharged and heads back to Montana.
Ahhh, it was a much needed, funn filled, relaxing weekend. How was your labor day weekend?!
No comments:
Post a Comment