Wednesday, November 4, 2009

first attempt

Can't Let Go

His eyes.
His smile.
His laugh.
Why I can’t let him go.

His lack of thought.
I’m only an option.
Just a convenience for him.
Why I should let him go.

I linger on the thought of him every night
Before I curl up in bed
Wishing he was beside me.

Waiting, it’s the hardest thing.
Sometimes it’s easy
When you feel like what you’re waiting for
Is worth every day.

But what happens when
You just can’t wait anymore?

I sit and wonder if he’s deserving.
Does he deserve me?

Then I remember:

His lack of thought.
I’m only an option.
Just a convenience for him.
Why I should let him go.

I put my foot down.
I will be done waiting today.
It’s not worth it
Because I’m not worth it to him.

I need to be a priority, not an option.
I need to be needed, not just wanted.

But then I remember:

His eyes.
His smile.
His laugh.
Why I can’t let him go.

And then I melt
As I fall asleep
Wishing he was beside me.

--------------------------------------------------

i couldn't sleep...so i tried my hand at writing poetry.
it's my first attempt. thoughts? comments? suggestions?
i appreciate your input!

1 comment:

Veronica said...

rachel, this kept you up all night!?!? well, your poem is great. i was impressed how well you put what you were thinking down on paper so to speak. read it often and remember how you really feel when your mind is clear and your heart isnt getting in your way. I am sorry about this situation! love ya!