Friday, January 1, 2010

2009 in pictures

Wow, it's already 2010!! Can you believe it? Alright so now the debate is...do you say 20-10 or 2 thousand 10?? lol

Ringing in the new year with my friends in Charlotte was a blast. I had a lot of fun. It wasn't anything big either...we just went to a small party at a friend of a friend's but I have to say that this has been my best new year's eve to date. Now I can only hope that 2010 will be just as good as ringing it in.

2009 was a busy but overall good year. So I decided to take a look back and compile a picture for each month to kind of sum up that month or a major event that happened. Now, I can't take all the credit for the idea...I saw it on someone else's blog but I really liked it. So I decided I wanted to do it too. Here are my pictures of 2009!

January
1.20.09
Let it snow! We finally got our first "big snow" in six years. It was all of 6 inches, but it was fun! This picture was taken right after one of the branches on the tree I was standing next to got top heavy and all the snow fell on my head. lol

February
2.21.09
This was my main group of girl friends at this point in my life at a party I threw. Nikki, Melinda, Emma, and Annie. Unfortunately, Annie is the only one I still hang out with. But none the less, they were still an important part of my life. I learned something from every one of them.

March
3.13.09
Some of spring break was spent in Gatlinburg, Tennessee with Emma and my friends from Charlotte. They invited us to come and it was a once in a lifetime opportunity, so we went. It was a blast. The view was breathtaking and the experience was unforgettable. Here is our farewell picture. It was taken minutes before we parted ways.

April
4.14.09
I turned 20 this month. No longer a teenager. This was at my birthday dinner with some of my friends. We went to Mellow Mushroom and the waiter found out it was my birthday so he made me this out of pizza crust drizzled with cinnamon and honey. It says "Happy B-day" and it sure was yummy!!

May
5.7.09
This was a sand "castle" built at the mall in Raleigh in honor of the Carolina Hurricanes making it to the Stanley Cup finals. I really enjoy watching hockey and was able to go to a few games over the season including a few of the playoff games. The atmosphere is just awesome. They lost, unfortunately, but they put up a good fight! Go Canes!!

June
6.26.09
My little monster turned one year old this month. I couldn't believe it. She is still my baby even though she's growing fast. This is one of my favorite pictures of her. It makes me laugh. She brightens each and every day of my life now. I really don't know what I would do without her.

July
7.17.09
Piper becomes part of my family. This was one of the first pictures I took of her. I was laying on the ground trying to get a picture of her and she came and tried to chew on the camera. The angle makes her look a lot bigger than she actually was. But she's grown fast, just like Kobie. She is such a joy and I'm really happy I decided to keep her. Kobie loves her as well. I think she's happy to have her around too.

August
8.16.09
This month was full of changes. Starting junior year. Moving into a new apartment. It was all good things though. My roommates and I clicked from the beginning and as a bonding experience we decided to go to the beach. It was a great way to get to know each other and kick off the school year. Here is our first ever roommate picture from the beach trip!

September
9.3.09
My favorite time of year. Fall and football season begins!! This picture was taken at our first home football game. All the roomies went and it was a lot of fun. We lost. And we didn't have a very good season overall, but I still support my boys. Go Pack!!

October
10.24.09
The weekend before Halloween, Olivia and I went to Charlotte to see the Backstreet Boys play at the Grave Diggers Ball, an annual concert where you dress up for Halloween. After the concert, we went to Khaboose's costume party. Here is my favorite picture from the night. It reminds me of a crazy family Christmas picture. lol every time I look at it, it makes me smile.

November
11.20.09
Elizabeth turned 21 this month!! In honor of her 21st birthday, we threw a Roaring 20s themed party. She was a flapper and I was her "date" so I dressed up as a gangster. It was a crazy night and even included a drink named after her. I think she really enjoyed it. I sure did!

December
12.4.09
Raleigh had a Winterfest with festivities for Christmas including a tree lighting and outdoor ice skating so I took my sister along with Veronica and Tyler. It was really nice to spend some quality time with my sister, since I don't get to do that very often. She really enjoyed it. Here is a picture of the two of us by the Raleigh Christmas tree.

I wonder what my pictures for 2010 are going to be?? I will leave you with the first picture of the new year (and new decade as Adam kept reminding people today) though. It was taken at the party and it's my favorite of the night...
January
1.1.10
Adam and I were about to take a picture when he stuck a glow stick in my face so this was me trying to get back at him lol

Wishing you all the best in 2010...a year filled with love, happiness, and smiles :))

No comments: