Friday, February 12, 2010

feel the love

So February is probably my least favorite month...for one, it's shorter, so I make less money because I work less hours (which means less money for spring break, duh! lol). And two, it's known as the "month of love." Well as many of you all know, I'm alone and therefore don't have anyone to share the special month with. Or so I normally view this month when I'm single.

But this year, I'm taking a new approach.

I'm not alone this year! Yes, I'm still single. For the second year in a row, I might add. There is no "special someone." But I'm ok with that because I'm NOT alone. I'm surrounded by people who love me. I have awesome friends who I enjoy spending time with. My immediate family always loves me. I have extended family who shower me with their love as well. So this year, I'm not staying home and feeling sorry for myself that I have no one...not that I did that last year either lol... but I have plans for this year. Plans filled with lots of LOVE. I will be going out to dinner in Charlotte on Saturday night with Elizabeth and Uncle Paul. They are my dates because they are people who I love very dearly. Then on Sunday, my cousins, aunt, and uncle from Connecticut are coming down to visit so I will be spending actual Valentine's Day with my family and some extended family.

See, I will NOT be alone. I am NOT alone. I will be surrounded by love. And I'm perfectly content with that ♥

No comments: