It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas,
toys in every store...
Ahh, I love this time of year. Christmas is coming!
Tis the season of giving.
One problem though: I'm the worst gift giver ever! I can never think of anything to get anyone. Some people have the natural ability to buy (or even make) great gifts that the gift receiver really enjoy and appreciate. I've tried to be that person, but no matter how hard I try, I've been unsuccessful. This year, I've had to narrow my list as I'm a little tight on money. Which means I've also narrowed my budget for each person. So it looks like my gift giving isn't gonna be improving this year. The great ideas that I do have turn out to be out of my price range. Go figure!
I find it the hardest to buy for my dad. He never really needs anything and doesn't ask for much, so when I try to find something he will actually use or appreciate, I come up short. My brother is pretty easy. I just buy him some Duke paraphernalia and he's happy. My sister use to be a piece of cake but as she's grown older, she is becoming harder to figure out. I want to get her something that she'll open and make her eyes grow wide but that she'll acutally use for longer than a month. I've seemed to run into that problem the last couple years with her. Mom is probably the easiest to buy for. I have a few ideas for her this year but we'll see if I can afford some of them.
Well, it's about to be shopping time for me - and I'm really dreading it this year. Wish me luck because I'm gonna need it. If you have any ideas, sugguestions would be greatly appreciated :)
5 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment